"Who are the people in your neighborhood?" Effectively serving our libraries' diverse users
Vendor/Speaker Resources and Follow-up
Future of FirstSearch website - http://www.oclc.org/go/en/firstsearch-migration.html. Includes link to sign up as a beta user to start testing out the new environment.
• Subscribe to email updates about the future FirstSearch service - https://www3.oclc.org/app/listserv/
• OCLC Spotlight Program - http://www.worldcat.org/spotlight/organization/
Sponsors (thank you!)
Schedule in detail
Subject to change. Sponsors are in green cells.
|Time||Auditorium||Room 1B||Room 2||Room 3||Computer Lab|
|9:00 - 9:30||Registration and Breakfast available in Room 1A|
|9:35 - 9:50||Welcome|
|9:55 - 10:25||
High Speed Broadband: The New Digital Divide
Corinne Hill, Chattanooga Public Library
|JSTOR||Innovative Interfaces: Encore ES|
|10:30 - 10:55||ArtStor Digital Library||Ingram: E-Books Made easy through MyiLibrary||The Latest & Greatest in TEL: Powerspeak and Learning Express 3.0|
|11:00 - 11:25||Naxos||Cengage/Gale National Geographic Virtual Library|
|11:30 - 11:55||Project MUSE||
The Future of FirstSearch
|12:00 - 1:15||Lunch on your own|
|1:15 - 1:40||Alexander Street Press: From Stonewall to sustainable architecture: What's new?||
Innovative Interfaces: Sierra
|Websites for All: Free from the Feds!||TEL & The New Curriculum Standards|
|1:45 - 2:10||
Mackin: eBooks for K-12
|2:15 - 2:40||Project MUSE||Ingram: Building a diverse collection with Collection Development and Standing Order programs|
|2:45 - 3:00||BREAK|
|3:15 - 3:40||
Black History Primary Resources
|Tips & Tricks for Sharing TEL|
|3:45 - 4:10||
|ARTstor Digital Library||EBSCO Reaching Readers||
|5:00pm||Meet in atrium for dine arounds|
Have dinner plans? Once again, DataFest will offer Dine-arounds! Plan to join a Tenn-Share dine around Thursday evening after DataFest. Enjoy the company of your fellow Tenn-Share members at one of several local restaurants with your choice of interesting conversation topics. You can register for Dine-Arounds when you register to attend DataFest.
Meet and mingle with other library professionals while sharing information about timely themes. Each attendee is responsible for their bill and gratuity. Please meet your group in the front lobby of the NPL at 5:00 p.m. Locations and hosts subject to change. There may be a limit on how many attendees we will have at each restaurant.
- Digitization Projects, including impact of DPLA and next generation software solutions for digitization - host: Tricia Bengel; Restaurant TBD
- Electronic resources - Host: Kevin Merriman; Restaurant: Merchants (upstairs) - 401 Broadway, (615) 254-1892
- Negotiating with Vendors - Host: Charlie Remy; Restaurant: Puckett's - 500 Church Street, (615) 770-2772
- The only thing constant is change - Host: Mary Jane Spehar; Restaurant: Amerigo's - 1920 West End Avenue, (615) 320-1740 1.4 miles driving distance from library
- TEL - Host: Wendy Cornelisen; Restaurant: Fleet Street - 207 Printers Alley (615) 200-0782
The hotels highlighted in yellow were the highest rated by attendees and vendors in 2012.
More about Datafest
The Tenn-Share DataFest is a day-long vendor fair and conference held each year at the Nashville Public Library. Future dates for 2014-2018.
Each year's DataFest Committee meets in the late spring and summer to determine the "hot" areas in electronic resources. A number of themes are developed, and vendors are invited to present certain products in 25-minutes sessions. Because of space limitations, DataFest vendors do not have exhibit space, although they are welcome to meet with interested librarians in the hospitality room.
The DataFest Committee strives to offer our members several resources in the same category or subject area for comparison purposes. We also attempt to appeal to all our membership types: academic, public, school, and special.