The work of Tenn-Share is carried out through its committees, which are comprised of volunteers just like you! Want to lend a hand? Contact the chair of the committee you are interested in to inquire about joining.
Chair: Jennie Mezick, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Committee Members: Andrea Zielke, Genny Carter, Lisa Krekelberg, Ambrea Johnson, Kathy Beshires, Will Buck, and Margaret Petty
The Vice President / President-Elect and Executive Director shall serve as co-chairs of this committee, and shall recruit three or more additional members. This committee is responsible for planning and executing conferences for the organization. This committee also accepts nominations for the Tennessee Resource Sharing Award and allocates the award.
Chair: Meredith Louise Hale, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Committee Members: Sofiya Dahman, Noah Lasley, Ken Middleton, and Aimee Saunders
Standing members of the committee should include representative(s) that support the technological infrastructure of the service hub from the University of Tennessee Knoxville designated by the Dean of the Libraries at the University of Tennessee Knoxville; and representative(s) from the Tennessee State Library and Archives designated by the Tennessee State Librarian and Archivist. The Executive Director of Tenn-Share shall serve as an ex-officio member. This committee is responsible for promoting the development of the state of Tennessee’s Digital Public Library of America service hub, working in collaboration with the University of Tennessee Knoxville University Library and the Tennessee State Library and Archives.
Board President and Chair: Stuart Gaetjens, Tennessee Tech University
Committee Members: Jennifer Mezick – Vice President/President Elect, Anjanae Brueland – Treasurer, Courtney Zeitler – Secretary, and Past President – Vacant
The Executive Committee will:
- develop an agenda and program for all general meetings and be responsible for securing hosts and speakers for these meetings,
- ensure that the organization remains in compliance with the adopted By-laws,
- prepare an annual budget that includes anticipated income, expenditures, a contingency fund, and investment.
- review dues structure annually.
- appoint the Executive Director and facilitate the annual process to review the performance of the Executive Director, with the possibility of providing a merit-based and/or cost-of-living salary increase.
- suggest and develop workshops, demonstrations, training programs and other professional development opportunities for the members of Tenn-Share,
- receive and respond to suggestions for needed programs, projects and activities from the Board of Directors,
- report at least twice a year on the activities of the committee and the Board of Directors to the membership,
- make recommendations on policy matters to the Board of Directors,
- act on behalf of the Board of Directors as needed between board meetings.
Chair: Jarvis Sheffield, Tennessee State University
Committee Members: Diette Ward, Lisa Williams, and Suzanne Robinson
This committee is responsible for creating engagement with and awareness of Tenn-Share’s work through outreach to current and prospective members via email marketing, social media, newsletters, and other tools.
Chair: Stuart Gaetjens, Tennessee Tech University
Committee Members: Charles Elmore, Tina Johnson, and Deena Smith
This committee of three or more persons shall be appointed by the Past-President, who shall serve as chair. It shall be the duty of this committee to: solicit nominations for officers and board members; to hold the elections therefore.
Tenn-Share Electronic Resources Committee (TSERC)
Chair: Caitlin Harrington, University of Memphis
Committee Members: Sarah Keil, Jena Schmid, Leah Dorsett, Ed Hughes, and Andrea Zielke
The committee works to achieve cost savings through consortial purchasing of electronic resources by investigating methods, determining priorities, and encouraging participation. The committee will work with various agencies, including providing input and advisement on content for the Tennessee Electronic Library.