Why should my library join Tenn-Share?
Because we are stronger when we work together! Tenn-Share leverages the purchasing power and expertise of our 600+ member libraries (and their amazing staff) to identify needs in the Tennessee library ecosystem, get librarians talking, innovate solutions, and work with our vendor partners to offer affordable products and share resources.
Tenn-Share member libraries can log into our membership and subscription management platform, Consortia Manager to explore what discounted products are available for purchase through Tenn-Share. Tenn-Share assesses a 2% administrative surcharge on all purchases, with a minimum surcharge of $15.
Here is a list of our current vendor partners:
- American Mathematical Society
- Bloomsbury Digital Resources
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Human Relations Area Files
- Oxford University Press
- Rittenhouse Book Distributors
- SAGE Publishing
- Teton Data Systems
Tenn-Share’s Electronic Resource Committee also welcomes recommendations of vendors/products you would like to see Tenn-Share offer at a discounted rate. Let us know by completing this form.
- Public and school library members receive a 50% discount when purchasing Swank’s Annual Public Performance Site License through Tenn-Share.
- Members receive an average of 37% off of purchases with Ingram Content Group.
- Member libraries can join Firefly, our statewide courier service.
- Member libraries get access to other discounts, special offers and perks as they develop.
- Employees of member libraries get access to professional development and other Tenn-Share events.
- Employees of member libraries can join the Tenn-Share board and committees and have the ability to shape the future of Tenn-Share’s work to support Tennessee libraries.
Tenn-Share membership dues are collected annually in July. Membership cost is determined by your library’s annual budget including staff salaries.
|Library Budget||Dues||Library Budget||Dues|
|Under $50,000||$40||$500,000 – $1,000,000||$375|
|$50,000 – $125,000||$90||$1,000,000 – $2,000,000||$500|
|$125,000 – $250,000||$150||$2,000,000 – $5,000,000||$900|
|$250,000 – $500,000||$225||Over $5,000,000||$1,400|
Public school districts with 3 or more school libraries may join at $25 per school, not exceed $1,000 per district provided they are invoiced together.