Many pages containing pricing or trials are limited to members only. To create a Member account, use the "Log In" link above to register. Approval of your membership status may take up to 24 hours.
Please note that many of them had too few responses to add to Tenn-Share's group purchases. New group purchases will be added this summer.
School and Public and Academic/Special Library offer details
Remember that a small Tenn-Share surcharge will be added to the provided pricing. See surcharge schedule.
Subscription Calendar for renewals (MS Excel - sorted by date) updated 7/31/12
American History in Video
World History in Video
- Capstone and PebbleGo
- The Chronicle of Higher Education - news and opinion for higher education
- Columbia Granger's World of Poetry and International Affairs Online (CIAO)
- EBSCO: CINAHL, Nursing Reference Ctr, AHL, Historical Abstracts, Business Source Complete
- eHRAF World Cultures | Archeology
- Films on Demand
- Junior Library Guild
- JSTOR Academic
- Learning Express
- LexisNexis Academic
- Mango Languages
- MathSciNet - Mathematical reviews on the web
- Midwest Library Services
- Movie Licensing Public Library | School Library - Academic Libraries (11/6/12) have a single use option, priced according to the movie and the number of people anticipated in the audience.
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
- OCLC WorldCat - Subscription adds library's holdings to WorldCat.org and provides unlimited searches through FirstSearch. more . . .
- Oxford University Press - Offers several Online Reference products
- Points of View (EBSCO)
- Project MUSE - journal collections
- ProQuest Congressional and others
Rosen: Teen Health & Wellness
PowerKids Life Science
- STAT!Ref - Offers four products: Medical eBook Collection (33 titles); Nursing eBook collection (13 titles); Anatomy TV
- Testing & Education Reference Center - A database of practice tests and educational materials, such as the ACT and Peterson’s College Guides, from Gale.
- Wiley Online Library - Online scientific, medical, and technical journals.
The Tenn-Share Electronic Resources Committee (TSERC) (and Product Review subcommitteees) review database offers and recommend products for negotiation.
In an effort to better coordinate our activities, TSERC has established the following timeline for group discounts and offers.
Spring purchases (contract start July 1)
Nov 1-Mar 15 TSERC considers various products
Feb 1-Apr 15 Negotiations with vendors/let member libraries know the products being worked on
Mar 15-Apr 15 Pricing/discounts offers to member libraries:
June 15 Order Deadline
July 1 Contract start
Fall purchases (contract start Jan 1)
May 1-Sept 30 TSERC considers various products
Aug 1-Oct 30 Negotiations with vendors/let member libraries know the products being worked on
Sep 30-Oct 30 Pricing/discounts offers to member libraries:
Dec 10 Order Deadline
Jan 1 Contract start
TSERC also encourages all TN libraries to get more involved with inter-library cooperation and to make consortial purchasing a priority. This philosophy is outlined in the Statement of Intent for Consortial Purchasing. Please sign on to the statement or leave comments.
Partner Your Way to Success: Advancing Consortia Opportunities in the Volunteer State (ppt)
Presentation given by T. Liedtka D. Luck, M.E. Pozzebon at the 29th Annual Charleston Conference on Nov 5, 2009.
- Tenn-Share surcharge schedule
- Late Fee Policy
- Out-of-state libraries in group purchases
- Definition of single/multiple libraries for special libraries
- Tenn-Share/TBR Pay Agent Agreement (pdf)
Tenn-Share members are eligible to participate in discounted subscriptions to electronic resources. The discounts can take many different forms. For our "group purchases," libraries agree to subscribe, and a price for the entire group is negotiated by the Database Coordinator. Other vendors offer straight percentage discounts and member libraries take advantage of them individually.
As part of Tenn-Share's service to its members, an electronic resource vendor fair, called the DataFest, is held every Fall. The 2012 DataFest will be held Thursday, September 27th, 2012.
The Executive Director is responsible for communicating with vendors to set up trials, secure discounts, and negotiate pricing, chairing TSERC, and for communicating this information to the members. Suggestions for additional databases are always welcome. Usual office hours (Central time) are: Monday - Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm.